It’s Your Money. Your Time. Your Choice.
Get an instant
Health Insurance Quote
Get an instant
Health Insurance Facts
- Average unsubsidized family premium: $900 – $2200
- Coverage is mandated and approved under the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Covers all 10 “essential health benefits”, including maternity coverage, mental health and substance abuse, prescription drugs, preventive services
- Accepts anyone, regardless of pre-existing conditions
- Backed by a financially-rated insurance company and approved at the federal and state level
- Unlimited lifetime benefits
- Eligible for subsidies for those earning < 400% of the federal poverty level
- Most plans have limited doctor and hospital networks
- Can only enroll during Open Enrollment, Nov 1 – Dec 15 in most areas, or if you qualify for a special enrollment period
- Average family premium: $450 – $750
- NOT health insurance, rather a group of like-minded people sharing medical expenses
- Members are exempt from requirement to carry ACA health insurance
- Members are exempt from ACA tax penalties
- Some healthshare programs cover preventive services.
- Will not cover pre-existing conditions for the first couple years
- Go to any doctor or hospital (with most programs)
- Enroll any time
- Costs are typically less than half the cost of health insurance
A Word from Wiley Long – HSA for America President
How to Legally Opt Out of Obamacare with Faith-based Sharing Plans
Because rates continue to skyrocket for people who are not receiving subsidies to help them pay for their health insurance, many of our clients are choosing to join a healthshare plan instead. These faith-based plans typically have a contribution amount less than half the cost of health insurance. Because they are an option written into the law, members of health share plans do not face any tax penalties for not carrying a government-approved health insurance plan. If this type of plan works for you, the cost savings could be thousands of dollars a year.
Latest Articles From America’s HSA Blog
In most states, open enrollment for the insurance marketplace began on November 1st and will end on December 15th. Instead of sticking with a subpar, overly expensive insurance plan, considering switching to MPowering Benefits for your health care...
If you don’t have health insurance through your employer, you know firsthand how expensive insurance can be. For those who don’t qualify for a government subsidy to help cover the costs, there’s a good chance you’re struggling to pay the costs as premiums...
Just a friendly reminder that the Open Enrollment Period (OEP) will end on December 15, 2018 in most states. If you meet this deadline, you’ll have a guaranteed effective date of January 1, 2019. Still haven’t decided which plans suit your healthcare...
I am glad to have found something that works with my budget, which I was very concerned about with the marketplace. In Iowa, there is only 1 provider left, and they were asking for an astronomical increase in premium that I was afraid I would not be able to afford and still pay my bills. It’s not good to be the only game in town, because without competition they can charge whatever they want without caring about the people they are supposed to be serving, so again, thank you for giving me an option called healthshare programs.D. Nelson
I am very pleased with information and options I could discuss with Justin. My wife and I were facing premiums with Florida Blue that were increasing to $22,000 this next year. With the healthshare plans we chose, we are saving over $9000!!! The healthcare sharing plan covers us on travel which is huge for us. You are running a great service providing options for healthcare.J. White MD
749 S. Lemay Ave, Suite A3-116, Fort Collins, CO 80524 | 800-913-0172 | info@HSAforAmerica.com | © 2018 - All Rights Reserved
Disclaimer: All information on this website is relayed to the best of the Company's ability, but does not guarantee accuracy. Information may be out of date. The content provided on this site is intended for informational purposes only and does not guarantee price or coverage. This site is not intended as, and does not constitute, accounting, legal, tax, and/or other professional advice. Determination of actual price is subject to Carriers.