It’s Your Money. Your Time. Your Choice.
Get an instant
Health Insurance Quote
Get an instant
Health Insurance Facts
- Average unsubsidized family premium: $900 – $2200
- Coverage is mandated and approved under the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Covers all 10 “essential health benefits”, including maternity coverage, mental health and substance abuse, prescription drugs, preventive services
- Accepts anyone, regardless of pre-existing conditions
- Backed by a financially-rated insurance company and approved at the federal and state level
- Unlimited lifetime benefits
- Eligible for subsidies for those earning < 400% of the federal poverty level
- Most plans have limited doctor and hospital networks
- Can only enroll during Open Enrollment, Nov 1 – Dec 15 in most areas, or if you qualify for a special enrollment period
- Average family premium: $450 – $750
- NOT health insurance, rather a group of like-minded people sharing medical expenses
- Members are exempt from requirement to carry ACA health insurance
- Members are exempt from ACA tax penalties
- Some healthshare programs cover preventive services.
- Will not cover pre-existing conditions for the first couple years
- Go to any doctor or hospital (with most programs)
- Enroll any time
- Costs are typically less than half the cost of health insurance
A Word from Wiley Long – HSA for America President
How to Legally Opt Out of Obamacare with Faith-based Sharing Plans
Because rates continue to skyrocket for people who are not receiving subsidies to help them pay for their health insurance, many of our clients are choosing to join a healthshare plan instead. These faith-based plans typically have a contribution amount less than half the cost of health insurance. Because they are an option written into the law, members of health share plans do not face any tax penalties for not carrying a government-approved health insurance plan. If this type of plan works for you, the cost savings could be thousands of dollars a year.
Latest Articles From America’s HSA Blog
In an effort to keep insurance premiums affordable for Americans, the Affordable Care Act made enrolling in an approved health insurance plan mandatory for everyone. Failing to enroll meant fines that averaged $625 a year as of 2018, and some people have...
Let’s take a few minutes to discuss what you want and need out of your health care coverage. Affordability is probably at the top of the list, especially if you’ve been struggling with Obamacare and its high premiums. A close second is probably quality of...
I have been very impressed with Mike and his quick responses to any questions I have had, so I am hopeful going forward. I am glad to have found something that works with my budget, which I was very concerned about with the marketplace.
In Iowa, there is only 1 provider left, and they were asking for an astronomical increase in premium that I was afraid I would not be able to afford and still pay my bills. It’s not good to be the only game in town, because without competition they can charge whatever they want without caring about the people they are supposed to be serving, so again, thank you for giving me an option called healthshare programs.D. Nelson
749 S. Lemay Ave, Suite A3-116, Fort Collins, CO 80524 | 800-913-0172 | info@HSAforAmerica.com | © 2018 - All Rights Reserved
Disclaimer: All information on this website is relayed to the best of the Company's ability, but does not guarantee accuracy. Information may be out of date. The content provided on this site is intended for informational purposes only and does not guarantee price or coverage. This site is not intended as, and does not constitute, accounting, legal, tax, and/or other professional advice. Determination of actual price is subject to Carriers.