It’s Your Money. Your Time. Your Choice.
Get an instant
Health Insurance Quote
Get an instant
Health Insurance Facts
- Average unsubsidized family premium: $900 – $2200
- Coverage is mandated and approved under the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Covers all 10 “essential health benefits”, including maternity coverage, mental health and substance abuse, prescription drugs, preventive services
- Accepts anyone, regardless of pre-existing conditions
- Backed by a financially-rated insurance company and approved at the federal and state level
- Unlimited lifetime benefits
- Eligible for subsidies for those earning < 400% of the federal poverty level
- Most plans have limited doctor and hospital networks
- Can only enroll during Open Enrollment, Nov 1 – Dec 15 in most areas, or if you qualify for a special enrollment period
- Average family premium: $450 – $750
- NOT health insurance, rather a group of like-minded people sharing medical expenses
- Members are exempt from requirement to carry ACA health insurance
- Members are exempt from ACA tax penalties
- Most programs do not cover mental health and substance abuse or preventive services
- Will not cover pre-existing conditions for the first couple years
- Go to any doctor or hospital (with most programs)
- Enroll any time
- Costs are typically less than half the cost of health insurance
A Word from Wiley Long – HSA for America President
How to Legally Opt Out of Obamacare with Faith-based Sharing Plans
Because rates continue to skyrocket for people who are not receiving subsidies to help them pay for their health insurance, many of our clients are choosing to join a healthshare plan instead. These faith-based plans typically have a contribution amount less than half the cost of health insurance. Because they are an option written into the law, members of health share plans do not face any tax penalties for not carrying a government-approved health insurance plan. If this type of plan works for you, the cost savings could be thousands of dollars a year.
Latest Articles From America’s HSA Blog
FORT COLLINS, CO, DECEMBER 06, 2017 - Online health insurance agency HSA for America reports that thousands of Americans are dropping traditional health insurance plans and joining healthshare programs instead. First started over 30 years ago, healthshare...
Regardless of politics, most of us can agree that the health care system in America was not fixed by Obamacare. What’s in place now doesn’t reduce overall healthcare costs or appropriately regulate an out-of-control medical and pharmaceutical industry. With average...
Dealing with Healthcare.gov is frustrating. My Personal Benefits Consultant, Mike Montes, helped me through most of that. I’d give him a 10 out of 10 from the service I received.Glenda Shepard
749 S. Lemay Ave, Suite A3-116, Fort Collins, CO 80524 | 800-913-0172 | info@HSAforAmerica.com | © 2017 - All Rights Reserved
Disclaimer: All information on this website is relayed to the best of the Company's ability, but does not guarantee accuracy. Information may be out of date. The content provided on this site is intended for informational purposes only and does not guarantee price or coverage. This site is not intended as, and does not constitute, accounting, legal, tax, and/or other professional advice. Determination of actual price is subject to Carriers.